Samsung launched budget phones Galaxy J5 and Galaxy J7 which are under 15K and have a super AMOLED display are quite similar. It was found that Galaxy J7 was an advanced version of J5.
Samsung Galaxy J7 SM-J700F has many preinstalled apps which consume a lot of space. The user gets irritated with the bloatware also because the phone works slowly since only 500 MB RAM is free out of the box of 1.5 MB RAM. So to sort these problems the only solution left is to root this gadget and remove these apps using system app remover. It is important to make a backup of all files, photos, videos including SMS, APK logs and contacts before one root Samsung Galaxy J7 SM-J700.
One more important thing to know is that rooting an android gadget disobeys it warranty terms and condition. So its way better to properly understand all the problems and consequences beforehand from the internet.
After this comes to the process to root the Samsung Galaxy J7 SM-J700F:
1. Odin3_v3.10.6.zip (Unzip it)
2. Samsung Kies
3. twrp-3.1.1-0-j7elte.img.tar (17.0 MB Size, Don’t Extract it) (UPDATED TWRP)
4. Super Su (Don’t Unzip it)
Enable Developer Option
- In second step Developer option is enabled:
- Go to Settings>>About Phone>>Tap on “Build Number”-7 times or until you get the message “You are a Developer”.
- Then again go back to settings select “developer options”.
- Find and enable the “USB Debugging” option along with “OEM Unlocking” option.
Install Samsung Kies or Driver
- Now Install Samsung Kies or Driver:
- Restart your PC after installing the Samsung Kies.
- Connect the Samsung Galaxy J7 SM-J700F with a USB cable which will directly configure the driver automatically.
- Now SuperSu is Transferred.
- Transfer the SuperSu.zip file from PC to the external (or may be internal) memory of Galaxy J7.
Install TWRP Recovery On Samsung Galaxy J7 SM-J700F
- Install TWRP Recovery on Samsung Galaxy J7 SM-J700F:
- Run as Administrator the Odin3v3.10.6.exe file.
- Click on AP and browse twrp-184.108.40.206-j7elte.img.tar
- After this switch off your Galaxy J7 completely.
- Now Press and Hold the Power + Volume Down + Home button simultaneously till its screen is off and the gadget boots into a blue screen showing Warning.
- Press Volume Up Button to Continue.
- After this connect your gadget to PC using USB Cable.
- You will notice that the first box under ID.COM in Odin is shaded which means that driver is properly installed.
- Click on the Start Button on Odin.
- A green Pass is seen once it is done which may take few seconds.
- Disconnect your phone after exiting the Odin. Switch on your phone.
Root Samsung Galaxy J7 SM-J700F by flashing SuperSu
- Root Samsung Galaxy J7 SM-J700F by flashing SuperSu:
- Switch off your gadget.(A vibration means it is completely switched off).
- Press and Hold Power+ Volume Up+ Home Button simultaneously until it boots up and shows teamwin.
- Tick on the checkbox of “Never show this screen during boot again”.
- Then Swipe to allow modification.
- Tap on Install and browse the UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.46.zip file.(if the SuperSu is transferred to external storage then tap on Storage to browse it).
- Just Tap on the UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.46.zip file when you find it.
- Swipe the confirm flash.
- When the flashing process is done, you will get the successful message.
- Tap on Reboot system.
- So finally your Samsung Galaxy J7 SM-J700F is rooted.
Install Root Checker from Google Play store and run it on your phone to check whether your gadget has Root access or not.