Root Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus to modify your gadget the way you want. Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus which is updated to Android 8.0 Oreo Official Firmware can be rooted easily via ChainFire-Auto-Root Package by Chainfire. This root package is compatible with both the versions of Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus, i.e. , Exynos and Snapdragon version. Following is the list which informs about all the supported device models of Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus :
- Galaxy S8 Plus SM-G955A (Snapdragon 835) AT & T (US)
- Galaxy S8 Plus SM-G955T (Snapdragon 835) T-Mobile(US)
- Galaxy S8 Plus SM-G955P (Snapdragon 835) Sprint (US)
- Galaxy S8 Plus SM-G955R4 (Snapdragon 835) US Cellular
- Galaxy S8 Plus SM-G955V (Snapdragon 835) Verizon (US)
- Galaxy S8 Plus SM-G955W8 Canada
- Galaxy S8 Plus SM-G955F Global
- Galaxy S8 Plus SM-G955FD Southeast Asia (India, Pakistan)
- Galaxy S8 Plus SM-G955L Korea
- Galaxy S8 Plus SM-G955K Korea KT+
- Galaxy S8 Plus SM-G955S Korea SKT
- Galaxy S8 Plus SM-G9550 (Snapdragon 835) China (Hong Kong)
- Galaxy S8 Plus SM-G9558 China
- Galaxy S8 Plus SM-G9559 China
Rooting of Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus is not much difficult if you carefully read and follow each and every step properly. Still to stay on a safe side do remember to make up a Backup of all your files, contacts, apps, important data before moving to the steps.
Also Read – HOW TO ROOT SAMSUNG GALAXY J7 SM-J700F (FAST)
Samsung Smart Switch can be used by Samsung users to backup data. This switch also provides facility to move data from one device to other of different variant (moving data from S7 to S8).
This guide contains step by step information to flash the device so it would be an easy task for any new user.
ChainFire-Auto-Root Details for Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus:
- The most trusted team to provide root package for Android devices is ChainFire.
- This is probably the best method to gain root access in Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus.
- CF-Auto-Root is compatible, reliable and is secure for rooting your device.
Important things to remember:
- Device should be an Official Firmware by Samsung and not a custom ROM.
- Charge your device at least to 80-85% before starting to root it.
- Make sure to make a Backup because this process will ERASE all your data.
- You need to enable USB Debugging mode so that your device can be connected to PC/Computer. Process for this is as follows:
- Go to Settings >> About Phone >> Tap on “Build Number”- 7 times or until you get the message “You are a Developer”
- Then go back to Settings select “Developer Options”.
- Find and Enable the “USB Debugging” option.
Steps to Root Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus:
- Firstly Download and Install Galaxy S8 Plus USB Driver on your PC/Computer.
- Download the appropriate CF-Auto-Root Package for your Galaxy S8 Plus and extract it on your PC/Computer. Select from the following:
- SM-G950W: CF-Auto-Root-dreamqltecan-dreamqltevl-smg950w.zip
- SM-G950N: CF-Auto-Root-dreamlteks-dreamlteks-smg950n.zip
- SM-G950U: CF-Auto-Root-dreamqltesq-dreamqltesq-smg950u.zip
- SM-G950F: CF-Auto-Root-dreamlte-dreamltexx-smg950f.zip
- Download and Install ODIN Software on your PC/Computer.
- Switch Off your device.
- Press and Hold Volume Down + Power + Home Button until you see a warning message.
- Press Volume Up Button to confirm the download mode.
- Connect your device with PC/Computer via USB and open ODIN.
- One of the ID:COM boxes will turn yellow with the COM port number which means your device is correctly detected by PC/Computer.
- After some minutes you will see “Added!!” message is appearing in the Log Box.
- Load the Firmware into the ODIN by selecting the files extracted in second step.
- Click on AP and select the extracted file.
- Check some following options in ODIN:
- Auto Reboot
- Reset Time
- Click the START Button in ODIN.
- Your installation should start now. It will take a few minutes to complete this process.
- Your device will automatically reboot into recovery mode once the installation is complete. It will also install the root package.
- ID:COM Box will turn Green in color.
- Disconnect your device when your home screen appears.
- Rooting process is DONE!!!.
Your Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus has been rooted on Android 8.0 Oreo Official Firmware.
Check the SuperSU app in your app list to verify.
NOTE: If your device does not get into the recovery mode due to some error. Then do the entire process step by step again but except that this time you need not check the “Auto Reboot” option in ODIN.
Forcefully turn off your phone by pulling out your battery and after that boot your device with Power + Volume Up + Bixby Button and to recover manually. After this package installation process will Start.